Monday, January 28, 2013

Mani Monday

Happy Mani Monday everyone! I hope your weekend was just fabulous!! Today's Mani color is OPI: Skulls & Glossbones. This color is a light gray shade from the Pirates of The Caribbean Collection. I could not find it on the OPI website but I did find it on amazon. Click here for the direct link to purchase this polish off amazon. This color is another one of my favorite colors. I'm totally in love with anything gray! I'd say this color is more of a white gray, very true to color, and the coverage is very good. I applied two coats. The only complaint I have is that sometimes in a darker room the shade looks like a green gray...NOT A FAN OF GREEN GRAY! Anyways.. I tend to use this color a lot. Would you ever use this color?









(see what I mean about looking green in darker areas)


Something else I want to talk about is the
  Jergens natural glow express body moisturizer in medium to tan skin tones.


                                                        
Last night I was looking in my bin of "things I have but done use" products and came across this. I think I had heard about it from a friend a long time ago. I thought I would give it a try and see how I liked the result compared to the self tanner I have been using for years. They only good thing I can say about this product is that it really moisturized my skin. Remember,  This is just my personal opinion. This product may work for your skin type and not mine. Anyways.. when I woke up this morning I was orange, I was blotchy, and the lotion smelled icky while putting it on (most self tanners smell bad). Its hard to use this product because the lotion comes out white and doesn't stain your skin right away. It develops gradually and you should wake up with a "natural looking, sun kissed glow". YEAAA RIGHT!! Here are some pictures to show you my results on the product. And yes...I did rub this product into my skin....for a long time.

(this is my wrist and arm looking splotchy and orange. darker in some places..yuck)
(ummm..what is that on my arm!! seriously dark spots??)
(my leg looking very blotchy and white and even spotted)


This is the product I normally use, FakeBake. I think it is the best! It comes in many different ways to apply to the body and face. Some examples are: gel, spray, mist, mousse, lotion, and a body butter. I used the lotion for a long time, then the store didn't have the lotion so I used the mousse, and next I will be trying the liquid spray with the application mitt.This product is a smelly one but all the products come out in a dark brown color so you can see where you are applying. This also give you a instant tan! I promise to do a blog post on how to apply this product along with pictures of the final results! 


Have you tried any of these products with success ? Id love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment with your experience!
xoxo
LMA

No comments:

Post a Comment