Saturday, January 19, 2013

First Post/Polish collection & DIY

Hello Y'all 
To start off my first post I wanted to show you a part of my polish collection! This picture was taken right after I organized it! I have pretty much kept up with keeping it all in order and looking BEAUTIFUL! This picture was taken in October of 2012. I have added a  lot more polish since then! 




This polish rack I actually ordered from the owner of a nail salon in Arlington Heights, IL. You know you spend too much time at the nail salon when they offer to pick you up a polish rack so your collection isn't all over the house! So the rack came with pink letters that said " NAIL POLISH CENTER". Since I was hanging this in my bathroom that I share with my husband I wanted to cover the hot pink lettering ( I don't think he would like hot pink in his bathroom, I mean the poor guys has to live with over 120 polishes displayed in his bathroom! HES A SAINT). SOOOO this started my little DIY mind. We had just finished remodeling our house (very shabby chic glam style) and I had leftover Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This paint is the BOMB.COM! It has a chalk feeling, coverage is amazing, you can use it on ANY surface, and its so easy to distress!!! I painted the rack with a couple layers of  pure white Annie Sloan paint and TTTAAADAA! Beautiful shabby chic polish rack that my husband doesn't mind! Below are a couple pictures of the process of painting along with Annie Sloan's website.

http://www.anniesloan.com/






1 comment: