Monday, January 21, 2013

Mani Monday

Happy Mani Monday,

So I should start off by telling you that EVERY Monday my post will be titled "Mani Monday". On Mani Mondays I will be showing off a different manicure/polish color. I will also be giving my thoughts on the formula, how I like the color, if the color is true to the way it looks in the bottle, and whatever else seems to come out of my mouth! Now lets get started with today's Mani Monday.

Sooooo one of the latest hottest trends in fashion is ombre.  The term basically means a color gradually turning from light to dark or from dark to light (The definition will be located at the bottom of this post). I have never done an ombre look on my nails but I have definitely wanted to try this look for a long time!

Here is a step by step ombre tutorial. 

  1. Pick out a color tone that you want on your nails. In my case I chose pink. (duh, its my favorite color)
  2. Select 5 polishes that are in that color family of the tone you picked. in my case:  The first one was  light pink, the second one shade darker, the third another shade darker than the second, the fourth another shade darker than the third. I think you get the idea!
  3. Now start of with the lightest color on your pinky (or thumb) and gradually paint each nail the next darker tone polish.  I started with my lightest color on my pinky and ended with the darkest on my thumb.
  4. ALWAYS ADD A TOP COAT to any manicure! 







  How hot do my nails look! I cant stop looking at my fingers and moving them around! I'm sure I will be getting tons of compliments on these bad boys! Have you tried the ombre look on your nails? Was it a success? leave me a comment below and let me know!!






I used all Essie products today. Names of the colors from left to right.
RAISE AWARENESS, WE'RE IN IT TOGETHER, FORGET ME NOTS, PANSY, SECRET STASH
The cute leopard nail file is from The dollar Tree. They came in two packs. One pink leopard & one black, silver. and rose gold. 


 Ombre n. A French term meaning "shaded."  




No comments:

Post a Comment